The University of Texas Medical Branch Software Systems Specialist III (Solutions Architect) - Information Services in Webster, Texas
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in related field and 3 years related experience. JOB DESCRIPTION: To provide the technical skills and expertise required in developing and maintaining computer operating system software of the most complex nature.
Salary Range **
From $85,000.00 To $95,000.00 Annually
Specific Job Related Duties **
Function as a Business Intelligence Solution Architect. Will be required to strategically design and implement BI software and systems for all UTMB missions (Research, Finance, Clinical and Academic) including integration with the data warehouses. This includes selecting, blueprinting, gathering requirements, designing, and rolling out BI solutions to business users. The Business Intelligence Solution Architect is also responsible for ensuring high levels of BI availability through demonstrations, training sessions, client meetings and roll out sessions.
Serve as point of contact for analytics within the user community. Provide technical consulting and advice to application development teams across the institution that are either current or prospective users of the technology that our department offers to support analytics.
Manage and/or consult on the architecture and design of solutions in the BI space. Developing innovative solutions or improvements that will result in enhancements to current methods, procedures and processes.
Work Schedule **
8 AM to 5 PM
Primary location is in the Clear Lake Center (with visits to Galveston Campus) and rotational on call
Preferred Education **
A bachelor’s degree in engineering, information technology, math, sciences or technical discipline or extensive relevant experience
Preferred Skill/Competency **
- Strong ability to analyze user requirements, make recommendations and implement solution
- Solid understanding and hands on experience in Business Intelligence tools (OBIEE, QlikView, Qlik Sense)
- Strong SQL skills (SQL Server, Oracle SQL)
- Solid understanding of Data Warehouse concepts including Star Schema, Dimensional Modeling and LateBinding.
- Hands on management of analytics infrastructure
- Self driven and able to troubleshoot and provide quick resolutions to application related issues
- Strong working knowledge of relational database structure, theories, principles and practices (SQL Server)
- Full project management and development life cycle experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Innovative and always staying up to date on BI technology and utilizing it.
- Ability to prioritize and execute in high-pressured environment
Preferred Work Experience **
- 5+ years experience in data warehousing, business intelligence, analytics and/or reporting systems.
- Experience in the design and building of enterprise data warehouses.
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience working with end users to gather requirements and build technical solutions from concept to implementation.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and delegate responsibilities.
- Data Modeling experience
- ETL experience
Closing Statement **
Equal Employment Opportunity **
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Title: Software Systems Specialist III (Solutions Architect) - Information Services
Job ID: 59426
Business Unit: CIOIS