The UTMB Nurse Residency Program provides nurse residents with the resources and support needed to transition into independent practice. Available nurse clinician I positions are posted at the unit level based on their vacancies. All new RNs in their first year of practice are automatically enrolled in the 12-month program.
How to Apply
- Go to https://utmb.jobs/ and search for Nurse Clinician I positions.
- Each job posting will include the hiring department and location for your reference.
- To view the job description for a particular position, click on the job title.
- To apply for a position, click on the Apply Now button in order to create an application profile.
- Enter the requested information, upload your resume and submit your application.
- Please note that the UTMB Nurse Residency Program is extremely competitive, so not all applicants will receive a department interview.
- Once a position is filled, an auto-generated email will be sent to all those who applied.
Nurse residents are considered full-time employees and are eligible to receive the following benefits:
- Longevity pay
- Comprehensive medical, disability and life insurance options
- Free employee medical insurance
- State retirement program with employer contributions
- Paid time off for vacation, sick and holiday leave
- Shared leadership structure to foster a culture of collaboration, trust and respect
- Flexible scheduling to fit the needs of the nurses and department
- Career advancement through our defined clinical ladder
- Lifelong learning and continued nursing education opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Magnet Recognition® by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
See Benefits Services for more information.
What is the requirement?
Completion of an accredited nursing program, BSN or MSN preferred.
What happens after my application has been submitted?
All applications will be screened for completeness and eligibility requirements, then qualified candidates will be notified to attend a department interview.
How would I know the result of the interview?
All successful applicants will be notified immediately following the interview.
Can I reapply if I was not selected?
Yes, all interested applicants are encouraged to reapply to the next available cohort.
How long can the process take?
The entire process from application submission to the start of the program takes approximately three months.
How do I know the status of my application?
You will receive notification of your status. You may also contact us at 409-747-4800.
Create a profile that connects you to a wide range of opportunities at UTMB Health.JOIN NOW