The University of Texas Medical Branch Nutritionist II (Diabetes Educator) - Towncenter-Stark Diabetes Center in League City, Texas
Bachelor's degree in related field; 3 years related experience, Rd - Registered Dietician. JOB DESCRIPTION: To provide comprehensive nutritional programs and professional services to patients, families, and interest groups.
Department Marketing Statement **
The Stark Diabetes Center
The mission of the Stark Diabetes Center is to advance the health of Texas and to improve the quality of care for Texans, with a specific emphasis on prevention of diabetes and its complications. The main objective of Stark Diabetes Center is to identify the optimal approach to decrease risk for diabetes and its complications in the multiethnic population of Texas and ultimately provide plans to reduce the burden of obesity, diabetes and its complications. The Stark Diabetes Center provides state of the art clinical care, research and education in the area of disease conditions and syndromes including but not limited to diabetes, dyslipidemia and obesity, as well as the metabolic syndrome.
Salary Range **
The salary range for this position is $54,880/yr - $82,320/yr commensurate with experience.
The pay band for this position is PC21
Specific Job Related Duties **
MAJOR DUTIES / CRITICAL TASKS:
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, and evaluates nutritional programs.
- Develops and implements plan of care and correlates with other health services.
- Evaluates patient's nutritional care and provides follow up continuity of care.
- Instructs patients and families in nutritional principles, diet, food selection, and economics.
- Advises health and community agencies on nutritional phases of food programs.
- Conducts or participates in In-Service Education and consultation with professional staff and supporting personnel.
- Maintains records of all individuals counseled.
- Adheres to internal controls established for department.
- Performs related duties as required.
Preferred Language **
Seeking an individual with strong Spanish and English speaking skills.
Preferred License/Certificate **
Certified Diabetes Educator or Board Certified in Advanced Diabetes Management preferred
Preferred Skill/Competency **
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Ability to perform nutritional assessments utilizing 24 hour recall
- Kknowledge of ADA National Standards for Diabetes Education and Management
- Ability to multi-task with superior organization skills
Closing Statement **
top #allied #prof
Equal Employment Opportunity **
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Title: Nutritionist II (Diabetes Educator) - Towncenter-Stark Diabetes Center
Job ID: 58799
Location: League City
Business Unit: CACLN