The University of Texas Medical Branch Magnetic Resonance imaging Technologist - OPIC Victory Lakes (up to 19 hours/wk, weekends) in League City, Texas
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
Associates degree or radiologic graduate of an accredited radiologic health science program. ARRTR or ARMRIT registered, and one (1) year of MRI experience or graduate from a MRI training program with minimum of 500 clinical hours of MRI training.
To provide patient care and technical skills in the operation of magnetic resonance imaging equipment (MRI) to produce cross-sectional images of patient's body for diagnostic purposes by performing the following duties.
The salary range for this position is from $27.77 to $41.65 per hour for up to 19.99 hours per week, with no benefits.
Pay Band Code PC21.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Practices proper entries and records in PACS, Epic, and Radiology Information System. Prepares patient for MRI procedure by accurately assessing the patient’s needs by reviewing MRI safety sheet to ensure patient safety by providing education on the procedure and how to call for assistance if needed.
- Accurately enters data such as patient history, anatomical area to be scanned, orientation specified, and position of entry into aperture of magnetic resonance imaging equipment (head or feet first), into computer.
- Operates magnetic resonance imaging scanners for data acquisition, reconstruction of images, and documentation of images and performs quality control measures for the purpose of ensuring optimal quality images
- Demonstrates proper IV skills required for contrast injections on all ages.
- Uses power injector properly to ensure safe injection of contrast.
- Performs Point of Care testing accurately as required by Contrast Media guidelines (ie. creatinine)
- Reviews images of area being scanned on video display screen to ensure quality of pictures and keys in data on keyboard of camera to photograph images. Ensuring all sequences are performed per protocol for interpretation by radiologist.
- Practices accurate and timely completion of scheduled and unscheduled work to maximize productivity and to ensure all components of the exam is billed appropriately by inputting additional charges that may have occurred.
- Participates in research projects.
- Instructs students on clinical MRI skills.
- Applies the profession’s code of ethics in all aspects of practice.
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
Hours will be weekends, 8am to 5pm.
Must be ARRT(MR) or ARMRIT registered and have current CPR certification.
#ld #lmd01 #allied #rad #pbl
Equal Employment Opportunity UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Casual (<=19.99, no schedule)
Job Type: Regular
Job Title: Magnetic Resonance imaging Technologist - OPIC Victory Lakes (up to 19 hours/wk, weekends)
Job ID: 61942
Location: League City
Business Unit: VLAKE