Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and five years of experience in financial aid management in a higher education environment, including supervision of staff and responsibility for financial aid management.
Responsible for the management of the division of Student Financial Services within the Department of Enrollment Services. Reporting to the division are the areas of Financial Aid, Student Scholarships, and Student Accounts.
Salary with commensurate with experience.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Oversee the area of Student Scholarships, which is charged with the administration of all endowed scholarship funds for the Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Graduate Biomedical Sciences and Health Professions.
- Oversee the area of Student Accounts, which is charged with assessing and collecting all relevant tuition and fees for the Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Graduate Biomedical Sciences and Health Professions.
- Administer and provide proactive leadership in the Financial Aid office for all four schools, adhering to federal, state and institutional regulations and philosophy.
- Develop and monitor the Financial Aid departmental budget including personnel needs and operating expenses.
- Manage all federal, state and institutional funds to ensure compliance while awarding loans, grants and scholarships.
- Promote collaboration across the University while developing policies and procedures as they relate to financial aid.
- Provide management, organizational and supervisory skills in the leadership of the customer service to students in person, by phone and email regarding all aspects of Enrollment Services.
- Interpret and update regulations and policies and make adjustments to processes to ensure compliance. Inform key players in administration and the schools to develop strategies to ensure compliance and meet institutional goals.
- Ensure that Financial Aid reporting is accurate and timely, as required by all laws and regulations including UT System regulations, and federal and state laws and regulations.
- Manage the collections of institutional student loans.
- Monitor disbursement and funding to ensure that funds are available, student fees are deducted from Financial Aid distributions, and accounts are monitored and balanced.
- Provide leadership to ensure accounting practices are followed, accounts balanced, and reports created are timely and accurate.
- Understand the use of technology in the administration of financial aid and articulate needed changes or updates.
- Serve as the functional lead for the financial aid module in Campus Solutions.
- Identified appropriate internal controls for financial aid, provides mechanisms to monitor and enforce compliance.
- Adhere to internal controls and reporting structure.
- Strong knowledge and ability to work with financial applications and processes
- A seasoned incumbent with strengths in education administration and management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including a high degree of professionalism and competence in dealing with multiple constituencies (e.g., medical school leadership, faculty peers, support staff, students, etc.)
- Supervisory and management skills sufficient to effectively facilitate interactions among senior leadership colleagues, faculty and staff that lead to the development, prioritization and accomplishment of goals.
- Ability to lead effectively in a complex environment comprised of multiple constituencies.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage, mentor and motivate direct reports.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate data and make appropriate decisions/recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to creatively and innovatively approach problem-solving.
- Ability to be attentive to the details of daily operations while understanding the importance of proper delegation.
Bachelor's degree or higher
Preferred Work Experience
- Five years of related supervisory experience in higher education
- Five years of experience in a higher education financial aid, admissions or registrar’s office
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Req id: 72547 Apply