Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent and 1 year related experience.
A Clinical Research Recruitment Coordinator will be primarily responsible for recruiting patients for current and upcoming clinical trials through the use of several tools. Upon notice of a selected study, a Clinical Research Recruitment Coordinator must thoroughly understand the Protocol and Inclusion/Exclusion criteria of the study, determine the specific patient population which needs to be reached, and develop a recruitment plan with the help of the research team, then execute that recruitment plan.
Commensurate with experience.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Recruit subjects for current and upcoming trials.
- Read and understand clinical research protocols with an emphasis on inclusion/exclusion criteria as well as HIPAA compliance, human subjects research regulations, and Good Clinical Practice guidelines.
- Based on the protocol and inclusion/exclusion criteria the inclusion/exclusion criteria of the study, determine the specific subject population which needs to be reached
- Work with the research team to develop and manage recruitment plans/strategies.
- Arrange and obtain appropriate pre-approval for marketing and advertisements according to specific study procedures and guidelines.
- Prepare presentations of research studies to communicate the essential information in layman’s terms.
- Maintain referrals from sponsor-arranged central or local campaigns, and outside, non-sponsor affiliated sources.
- Manages the identification, evaluation, and selection of appropriate partner/vendor(s) to develop recruitment and retention strategies/tactics.
- Design and implement community engagement/research awareness activities, to include outreach activities with targeted populations, research central events and attending health promotion fairs to promote research.
- Utilize existing or create marketing materials and advertisements as needed, working with sponsors and UTMB Marketing & Communications to create recruitment flyers, brochures, advertisements for clinical research.
- Distribute/update advertisements and marketing materials, including press releases, flyers, posters, brochures, digital signs, ‘Dear Doctor” letters, websites and social media etc..
- Communicate & work closely with physicians, clinical research coordinators, and other medical staff for subject recruitment purposes.
- Communicate with clinical trial sponsors to provide recruitment updates and outcomes.
- Manages, monitors and evaluates recruitment program metrics and timelines to deliver program deliverables on schedule.
- Assesses published and public literature regarding best practices for recruitment, retention, and outreach.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Req id: 71876 Apply