REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in a Clinical Laboratory Science or Basic Science with five (5) years related experience. Technologist level certification from either the American Society of Clinical Pathologist (ASCP), American Medical Technologists (AMT), or the American Board of Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics (ABHI) or equivalent certification. Must have previous leadership experience. Must fulfill overall qualifications as a General Supervisor under the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendment (CLIA).
Manager, Laboratory Services provides administrative and technical skills necessary to operate a major patient service division. The primary activities encompass the coordination and maximum utilization of available human and financial resources within the established budgetary guidelines in an effort to provide critical information for the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease by conducting medical laboratory tests, procedures, experiments, and analyses.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Responsible for the fiscal management of one to three division budgets to include labor resources, reagents/consumables, capital equipment, and contribution margin expectations.
- Supervises daily operations of division/section: analyzes workload, determines work priority, assigns duties, coaches, and oversees work progress and staff development.
- Responsible for recruitment, hiring, orientation, training, supervision, evaluation, disciplinary action and/or termination process of divisional employees.
- Responsible for creating appropriate work schedules for subordinate employees and for planning daily work assignments in order to maintain adequate personnel coverage for laboratory efficiency.
- Performs annual staff performance evaluations and develops criteria for hiring and discipline situations.
- Supervises the work of laboratory personnel engaged in performing routine and specialized technical procedures, including planning laboratory work, evaluating work performed and handling procedural and technical laboratory problems.
- Responsible for initiating and expediting personnel forms and for its accurate and timely submission to payroll.
- Analyzes, evaluates and takes appropriate actions to resolve system issues with leaders throughout the organization.
- Responsible for Quality Metrics to improve the value of patient care.
- Responsible for maintaining compliance with regulatory accreditation standards.
- Responsible for performance improvement initiatives to eliminate waste and improve the quality of patient care.
- Develops, revises, and implements policies and procedures. Interprets departmental and hospital policies and assures compliance.
- Maintains a sufficient inventory of material supplies and equipment for the performance of daily duties
- Prepares technical reports reflecting volume of work, procedures utilized and test results; coordinate the preparation of reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Communicates in a professional and courteous manner with medical, professional and nursing personnel, patients and their families and other staff and visitors.
- Assumes responsibility for safe working conditions.
- Secures and maintains compliance with all regulatory agencies.
- Performs laboratory testing as required.
- Adheres to internal controls established for department.
- Adheres to all safety protocols in each laboratory area.
HT, HTL, or CT certification preferred.
Preferred Work Experience
5 or more years of Anatomic Pathology experience with previous supervisory experience preferred.
#ld #lmd01 #cls #cosg
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Req id: 71557 Apply