Master's degree with NP certification. Current license or valid permit to practice professional nursing in Texas. No experience required. JOB DESCRIPTION: The nurse practitioner functions as an advanced practitioner providing primary health care for a caseload of patients in the area of clinical specialization.
Graduation from an Accredited Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner Program and current licensure to practice in the State of Texas. No experience required.
Commensurate with experience
Specific Job Related Duties
Performs responsible clinic care in collaboration with the unit physician and under approved protocols, manages the medical aspects of care in the observation, assessment, diagnosis, intervention, evaluation, rehabilitation, care and health teaching of person who are ill, injures or infirm or experiencing changes in normal health processes; and in the promotion and health and prevention of illness in a clinical setting.
- Works independently to full scope of practice in compliance with the Texas Nurse Practice Act with acknowledgement of off-site collaborating physician availability for consultation and collaboration
- Performs individualized history and physical examinations for diverse populations inclusive of social determinants of health
- Orders and interprets diagnostic testing in accordance with relevant health concerns of the patient
- Diagnoses acute, episodic, and chronic diseases
- Develops a comprehensive plan of care that encompasses evidence-based practice guidelines, practice protocols, Medicare, Medicaid, and other state and federal regulations.
- Prescribes appropriate pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatments
- Provides appropriate education for current health diagnoses as well as anticipatory guidance for health promotion and disease prevention applicable to the individual’s health and socioeconomic status
- Monitors plan of care for cost-effectiveness and the achievement of expected improvements, while openly seeking feedback from patients, significant others, colleagues, allied health, appropriate referrals, and collaborating physician to enhance quality outcomes
- Facilitates patient transition within and between health care services to ensure accurate communication among the health care team
- Documents in a timely manner to ensure all services are accurately accounted for and available for review by the interdisciplinary team
- Adheres to internal controls established for department, all requirements for continued licensure, periodic evaluations, and actively seeks input for identifying actions to improve performance and practice outcomes.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Req id: 70476 Apply