Master’s degree or equivalent in Physical Therapy from an accredited program. Licensed or eligible for license in the State of Texas.
Directs the evaluation, development, coordination, and implementation of physical therapy intervention provided to patients. Serves as a patient advocate assuring the delivery of physical therapy meets legal, ethical and institutional standards while adhering to the philosophy, objective, policies and procedures of the department and the organization
Department Marketing Statement
***This is an open-pooled position. Applicants' education/experience will be considered and the position may be filled at a lower or higher level, as appropriate.***
Specific Job Related Duties
• Provides evaluation, treatment and discharge planning to patients relative to age, culture and condition in assigned clinical area.
• Documents patient evaluation, treatment progress and billing, appropriately in the medical record. Documentation must meet peer review requirements.
• Communicates pertinent patient information with the patient, family members, physicians, team members, and other disciplines.
• Participates in rounds, clinics and case conferences as assigned.
• Meets required competencies for assigned area.
• Delegates duties and monitors service delivery appropriately to PTA, Rehabilitation Aide.
• Supervises students as requested.
• Participates in training and supervision of entry-level therapist and mentoring Physical Therapist.
• Participates in and provide in-service/continuing education/research, teaching opportunities at department, state or national levels.
• Participates and assists with implementation and data gathering for quality assurance activities and attend seminars, webinars as assigned or indicated to support evidence based practice.
• Participates in roles related to Community programs either with the hospital or organizational based.
• Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
#ld #lmd01 #rehab
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Req id: 70306 Apply