- Bachelor degree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration or closely related field
- A minimum of eight (8) years of experience directly related to quality/performance improvement functions within a healthcare setting:
- Five (5) years of experience within a transplant quality program
- Three (3) years of experience serving as a quality/performance improvement manager or director
Department Marketing Statement
UTMB Transplant Services has a 50 year history of solid organ transplantation performing 80-100 solid organ transplants per year. UTMB has CMS approved kidney, kidney pancreas, liver, heart and destination therapy VAD programs. We are conveniently located on Galveston Island which is 40 minutes from Houston. We are looking for an individual with transplant quality experience to join our growing team.
Specific Job Related Duties
Function: This individual is tasked with developing and maintaining the QAPI program and an educational framework that ensures all transplant program and other hospital department staff have knowledge of new and existing regulatory requirements related to quality and patient safety. They will serve as the key liaison during survey activities. They will also serves as advisor and subject matter expert in Joint Commission, CMS, UNOS (United Network for Organ Sharing) and other regulatory agency standards and policies. The manager oversees staff that aid in developing and implementing new programs aimed at improving or maintaining departmental effectiveness and efficiency, and reviews identified opportunities for improvement. This individual supervises the transplant quality and outcomes coordinator and other designated support staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Oversees all collaboration with medical staff and operational leadership to facilitate evidence-based quality and patient safety initiatives; engages associates at all levels in continuous pursuit of improvement opportunities.
- Provides project management and facilitation, as well as, oversight and support for key functions and processes for the systematic, coordinated, and continuous improvement of patient care delivery.
- Establishes and maintains efficient and reliable mechanisms for monitoring, analysis, and reporting of quality outcomes and performance improvement initiatives. Ensures the integration of aggregate data into performance improvement planning and problem resolution.
- Responsible for independently developing and implementing initiatives supporting compliance with accreditation and regulatory standards for the transplant program. Establishes and implements programs to assess state of readiness for surveys, focusing upon continual preparation.
- Monitors internal compliance with survey readiness program and presents findings and recommendations for improvement.
- Key liaison during survey visits/activities and post-survey follow-up activities. Prepares and coordinates responses to regulatory agencies on corrective action plans, inquiries, and other requested information.
Management and Consultative:
- Serves as the transplant program management representative in system or facility performance improvement, regulatory readiness and/or quality teams. Builds mutual trust and encourages respect and cooperation among team members to support movement from current state of practice to desired state of practice, address and mutually resolve issues.
Six Sigma Green Belt or Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) certification
Preferred Work Experience
Ten (10) or more years of experience directly related to quality/performance improvement functions within a healthcare setting:
Five (5) years of experience within a transplant quality program
Five (5) or more years of experience serving as a quality/performance improvement manager or director
Transplant #quality#UNOS #QAPI
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Req id: 69894 Apply