REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
Graduate Theological education from an institution accredited by the Council for Higher Education Association or equivalent studies. Two accredited units of Clinical Pastoral Education or equivalent spiritual care experience. Ministerial Ordination, Credentialing, Commissioning, or Endorsement from Faith group.
To assist in providing direct pastoral care services by establishing appropriate goals for patients, family, community clergy, and staff.
Department Marketing Statement
Our mission is to provide for the spiritual needs of our patients (and staff) in a manner respectful of their personal beliefs. We do this by chaplain/priest visits; prayers, sacraments, providing inspirational reading material, seeing that Bibles are available, scheduled worship services, liaison with the local faith communities. We offer crisis intervention, grief and bereavement support and staff support as well. We also maintain a chapel, which is open around the clock for personal prayer and meditation.
This position is for an "on-call" chaplain to provide spiritual care during nights, weekends and holidays or other times as needed. These duties could take up to 19 hour per week. This is a non-benefits eligible position. This position will primarily support the Galveston campus, but could be asked to travel to other UTMB locations as needed.
Specific Job Related Duties
To assist in providing direct spiritual care services by establishing appropriate goals for patients, family, community clergy, and staff.
- Assists in the assessment of the spiritual strengths and needs of patients, families and staff.
- Provides spiritual care through routine visits, individual and family appointments, and other opportunities.
- Documents significant encounters in patient charts.
- Develops effective relationships with other disciplines and represents the department on patient care teams.
- Provides monthly statistical summary of activities and quality assurance reports.
- Responsible for representing the Department of Pastoral Care in the community and encouraging communication and collaboration with local congregations and denominations in compliance with departmental policies and procedures that will enhance community service and develop additional resources for patients and their families.
- Rotates responsibility for on call and chapel services with other staff members; responds to on-call referrals within the guidelines established by the department.
- Adheres to internal controls established for the department.
MARGINAL OR PERIODIC JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs related duties as required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Req id: 69810 Apply