Bachelor's degree in biological sciences or equivalent in related field, and one (1) year of laboratory or phlebotomy experience.
Histocompatibility Technologist provides technical skills necessary to perform histocompatibility testing for transplantation and disease associations.
Department Marketing Statement
Minimum Qualifications for the Senior Technologist:
Bachelor's degree in biological sciences or equivalent in related field, and two (2) years laboratory experience, one of which must be HLA laboratory experience. Certification as a Histocompatibility Technologist by the American Board for Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics (ABHI).
***This is an open-pooled position. Applicants' education/experience will be considered and the position may be filled as a Technologist or a Senior Technologist as appropriate.***
Specific Job Related Duties
- Performs histocompatibility testing for transplantation and disease associations.
- Assures accuracy of results and reports to transplant surgeon.
- Evaluates immunocompetency of transplant patient prior to and following procedure when necessary.
- Coordinates donor/recipient information and status with transplant team.
- Participates in on-call rotation schedule of 24 hours a day, 365 days a year coverage for deceased donor testing.
- Draws blood from normal control subjects as necessary.
- Conducts specialized blood tests to determine antibody level of transplant recipients.
- Maintains complete records of transplant patients.
- Prepares and enters test data and results into computer.
- Participates in quality control and safety procedures.
- Assist in the development of new testing procedures and techniques.
- Adheres to internal controls established for department.
Standard laboratory equipment.
Standard laboratory environment. May be exposed to infectious disease-bearing specimens and radioactive materials.
Specific job requirements or physical location of some positions allocated to this classification, may render this position security sensitive, and thereby subject to the provisions of Section 51.215, Texas Education Code.
#ld #lmd01 #cls
#ld #lmd01 #cls
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Req id: 69771 Apply