Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Marketing, Business, Healthcare or related field and five years of related experience.
Cultivates referrals to UTMB through relationship development with UTMB physicians, external physicians, employers, community organizations and community members. Serves as the day-to-day direct connection between internal and external clients and will represent UTMB physicians and hospital services with face-to-face visits, educational programs, Continuing Medical Education events, symposiums, speakers’ bureaus, open houses and other types of outreach events. Supports the recruitment/onboarding activities for new UTMB faculty and new community providers to the UTMB medical staff. This position has a high degree of visibility and requires a self-motivated individual who must be able to work independently but follow the strategic plan for growth of clinical programs and services.
Actual salary commensurate with experience.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Develops and maintains an in-depth knowledge of the UTMB faculty, programs, and available services in order to promote these programs to referring providers, employers, and the community.
- Maintains understanding of changing health care market and industry dynamics and how they relate to clinical service lines and UTMB business development.
- Collaborates regularly with UTMB faculty and clinic staff in order to promote multiple service lines and new faculty for the purpose of knowing the individual faculty members, their areas of interest and specialization in order to promote the provider internally and externally.
- Collaborates with the UTMB referral team in order to maintain full knowledge and understanding of the UTMB patient referral process so that patients can get to the right providers based on specific specialty need and receive appointments in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assists Marketing and School of Medicine departments with the development of service line collaterals to promote UTMB providers to internal and external audiences.
- Understands provider referral patterns to cultivate referral activity for UTMB providers and hospitals inform ongoing growth planning and strategy development.
- Coordinates and attends Continuing Medical Education (CME) events, symposiums, speaker bureaus, open houses and other events as needed to cultivate referrals for UTMB hospitals and providers.
- Participates in community events sponsored by UTMB as may be requested to promote UTMB providers, services and programs.
- Works directly with employers to serve as a UTMB ambassador to promote UTMB services, address claims issues, and coordinate wellness events and other special programs.
- Develops and maintains knowledge and understanding of CareLink (Community Provider portal to UTMB EPIC) to assist non-UTMB providers in gaining access to the UTMB Epic medical record to follow their patients test results and procedures when referred to UTMB for services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a high degree of professionalism.
- Competence in dealing with a variety of individuals including physicians, executive leaders, employers and community leaders.
- Proactive approach to problem resolution.
- Creativity, time management, and ability to work independently.
Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm. Attending events during off hours as needed.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Req id: 69638 Apply