REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
Graduate Theological education from an institution accredited by the Council for Higher Education Association or equivalent studies. Two accredited units of Clinical Pastoral Education or equivalent spiritual care experience. Ministerial Ordination, Credentialing, Commissioning, or Endorsement from Faith group.
To assist in providing direct pastoral care services by establishing appropriate goals for patients, family, community clergy, and staff.
Specific Job Related Duties
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assists in the assessment of the spiritual strengths and needs of patients, families and staff.
- Provides spiritual care through routine visits, individual and family appointments,and other opportunities.
- Documents significant encounters in patient charts.
- Develops effective relationships with other disciplines and represents the department on patient care teams.
- Provides monthly statistical summary of activities and quality assurance reports.
- Responsible for representing the Department of Pastoral Care inthe community and encouraging communication and collaboration with local congregations and denominations in compliance with departmental policies and procedures that will enhance community service and develop additional resources for patients and their families.
- Rotates responsibility for on call and chapel services with other staff members; responds to on-call referrals within the guidelines established by the department. This position could be called to perform pastoral care duties at other UTMB locations as needed.
- Adheres to internal controls established for the department.
This position will be up to 19 hours per week. It will be primarily located at the Angleton Danbury Campus. This chaplain could also be called to provide pastoral care services at another UTMB location as needed.
Preferred Work Experience
Two Years of Experience. Experience could include volunteer hours preferably in a health care setting. Experience in a parish or as clergy would be considered. Experience within the UTMB system is preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Req id: 69604 Apply