High school or equivalent. No experience necessary. Must possess a Valid Texas Class C Driver’s License. Must pass a drug screen, thorough background investigation, and may be required to take a polygraph.
To provide the skills necessary to enforce rules and regulations pertaining to the operation and parking of vehicles on campus and in the inspection and safeguarding of buildings and property.
Department Marketing Statement
Police Department Mission:
The University of Texas Medical Branch Police Department strives to provide protection and service in a courteous manner to the faculty, staff, students, patients, and visitors of UTMB in conformance with the Regents rules and Regulations, UTMB policies, or federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. The Department also implements programs that are aimed at preserving the assets of UTMB.
From $28,000 To $42,000 Annually
Specific Job Related Duties
- Must pass a drug screen, thorough background investigation, and may be required to take a polygraph.
- Follows standard practices and procedures to patrol buildings and grounds.
- Directs flows of traffic.
- Patrols assigned areas for safety of employees and visitors, protects property from theft, vandalism, illegal entry and other acts of crime.
- Examines doors, windows, and gates to determine that they are secure, checks for fire, water leaks and other safety hazards.
- Provides information to visitors as to the location of parking facilities, buildings and offices.
- Examines credentials of persons desiring entrance to unauthorized areas.
- Assures that buildings are accessible during opening hours and secure when not in use.
- Responds to emergency calls and directs activities during adverse weather conditions.
- Adheres to internal controls established for department.
- Performs related duties as required.
- UTMB PD Public Safety Officers are employed with the UTMB PD Police Department.
- UTMB PD Police Department is a 24/7 full-service Police Agency and provides 24/7 Police Security Services to UTMB owned, rented, and leased property. Police staff are assigned to work varying shifts based on seniority to cover 24/7 Police Service Areas and shift periods.
- Police Guards must be willing to work assigned shift, which may include day-shift, evening-shift, or over-night midnight shifts, and be willing to work in adverse weather conditions, which may include summer heat, winter cold, rain, and or hurricane situations.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Req id: 69557 Apply