Registered Nurse plus two years of professional nursing experience in direct patient care or research in approved specialty area. Licensed by the State of Texas to practice as a Registered Nurse. Job Description: Implements research protocols via study requirements within the University, independently and competently performs the nursing process, including assessment, planning, evaluation, and intervention; safeguards the rights and well being of the study participant; and provides general operational support and administrative duties related to clinical activities for research study.
Department Marketing Statement
In our commitment to the generation, dissemination and application of knowledge to improve the health of society, UTMB's Research Services supports and promotes institutional excellence in research by providing services that enable UTMB research faculty to enhance competitiveness in obtaining external funding. Services are provided throughout Research Services by Sponsored Programs, Research Education, Research Compliance and Reporting, Research Subject Protections, Animal Resources Center, and Research Technology Support.
Commensurate with experience
Specific Job Related Duties
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Coordinates the process of clinical research.
- Recruits, screens, enroll, and evaluate patients who participate in study.
- Conducts studies according to protocol and completes case report forms.
- Educates subjects on the details of the studies and ensures that clinical studies are conducted in accordance with the guidelines of the FDA and other regulating agencies.
- Obtains vital signs and performs phlebotomy; monitors participants labs; maintains temperature and QC logs per protocol compliance.
- Serve as liaison between patients, PI, sponsors, and other health professionals and communicates information concerning patient needs and/or changes.
- May assist with the following:
- Developing the clinical trial agreement;
- Answering IRB stipulations to obtain final approval; documents IRB approval and contract approval.
- Planning and design of source documents for protocol; coordinates study initiation;
- Organizes and facilitates PI in obtaining Informed Consent from study participant and documents appropriately.
- Completion of an initial patient assessment utilizing interview, observation, and examination.
- Performing competent physical, pathophysiological, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual, learning needs, and/or age-appropriate nursing assessment of participants.
- Conducting in-service to floor nurses and physicians; serves as a resource to staff.
- Identifying areas of health promotion and patient and family educational needs regarding treatment and follow-up on specific clinical research.
- Completes accurate and concise documentation on all participant records in addition to other source documentation and forms per protocol including maintaining drug documentation.
- Identifies relevant data from internal and external sources and develops and maintains productive working relationship with study monitor.
- Ensures return of test article / clinical supplies; reconciles study drug accountability; assists in processing and shipping lab specimens efficiently and cost effectively; maintains supply inventory and equipment.
- Adheres to internal controls established for the department.
MARGINAL OR PERIODIC JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs related duties as required.
Preferred Work Experience
- Oncology experience required
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Req id: 68744 Apply