Bachelor’s degree in related field and 6 years of related experience, with increasing supervisory responsibility.
Reporting to the Vice President, Finance – Institutional Support, the Accounts Payable Director will set the strategic direction for the Accounts Payable Department, as well as defining and planning for the achievement of goals and objectives. Ensures the team achieves the optimal balance between cost, efficiency, accuracy and service delivery. Drives operational efficiencies and manages day-to-day staff activities. Other responsibilities include benchmarking, operational reporting, scorecards, management reporting, performance management, budgeting, analysis and other financial activities with a broad functional or organizational scope.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Specific Job Related Duties
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Serves as the business owner of the Accounts Payable/Employee Reimbursement process by overseeing the entire life cycle of transactions from the time an invoice/reimbursement request is received until the payment is processed
- Responsible for interacting with internal departments and vendors to facilitate disbursements, resolve vendor issues and monitor the match exception process
- Develops and implements Accounts Payable policies and procedures
- Provides Accounts Payable-related information to Finance staff and external/internal auditors
- Serve as business owner of Accounts Payable systems, collaborating with IT and business partners at a leadership level on system implementations, upgrades, maintenance and development
- Sets team priorities, organizational structure and hiring plans to ensure processes are delivered according to established service level agreements
- Drives efficiencies through department adoption of continuous improvement and further use of process automation
- Develops and monitors SLA’s for the Accounts Payable function, including determination and management of KPIs and other key metrics
- Delivers high quality customer service to ensure satisfaction among internal and external customers
- Responsible for institutional 1099 reporting
- Actively collaborates with all Finance departments – Supply Chain / General Accounting / Treasury / Payroll / Grants / Campus Solutions / Patient and Physician Billing to enhance daily activities and implement more efficient operational processes/procedures
- Proactively conducts educational “outreach” meetings with Academic, Health Care, and Institutional Support Leadership
- Monitors Procure-to-Pay industry trends and makes recommendations to UTMB leadership
- Manages and coordinates departmental budget process
- Provides support to institutional committees and participates in the UT System Travel and Accounts Payable Councils
- Supports/manages other institutional duties and projects as assigned by VP Finance – Institutional Support
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure
MARGINAL OR PERIODIC JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet strict deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and strong analytical and problem solving-skills required
- Exhibit deep knowledge of the Accounts Payable function and how it interacts with Finance, Purchasing, Operations and other departments
- Experience in e-commerce activities with emphasis on Electronic Data Interchange and Automated Clearing House payment mechanisms
- Understanding of accounting principles and how to apply them
- Ability to execute the efficient retrieval, compilation, and utilization of financial data and transactional information from ERP systems
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience with continuous improvement principles
- Strong management skills and ability to proactively monitor customer satisfaction and the quality of services provided
PREFERRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in Business and 10 years of related experience
- Related experience in a Healthcare setting
- PeopleSoft Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Req id: 67965 Apply