REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
RN with two years of clinical RN experience. Must possess and maintain a current license or valid permit to practice in Texas. Current BLS required.
Competent Clinician. Possesses knowledge and skill to meet standards for competent professional nursing practice as specified in the Texas Nurse Practice Act. Experienced, knowledgeable and skilled in specialty area. Competently functions as a member of the interdisciplinary team. Practice is characterized by predominantly interdependent decision-making. Practice is problem focused and patient centered in the manner care is provided. Able to manage unexpected or emergency situations that are commonly seen in assigned specialty population. Serves as a resource for Nurse Clinician I or II. Can manage commonly seen contingency situations that arise on the clinical unit. Provides patient care through nursing practices based upon the American Nurses Association Standards of Professional Practice, and Professional Performance. Values specialty unit, nursing, and institutional strategic initiatives and health system goals.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Participate actively and support departmental initiatives related to patient safety, efficiency, cost containment, staff and physician satisfaction, and other projects mandated by the department.
- Observes and enforces strict standards of asepsis
- Able to take call status and respond to the emergencies per policy, “stay days” and work long and unpredictable hours
- Thrive and maintain collegiality and professionalism during high-stress situations.
- Actively invest and engage in improving or maintaining staff morale and satisfaction
12 hour shifts, 9a-9p. Call required.
BLS, ACLS, PALS required
Preferred Work Experience
Prefer recent Critical Care and/or PACU experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Req id: 67186 Apply