REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
RN with six months of clinical RN experience and/or successful completion of probationary NC I period documented on nursing evaluation tool. Must possess and maintain a current Registered Nurse license or valid permit to practice in Texas. Current BLS required.
Advanced Beginner Clinician. Possesses knowledge and skill necessary to meet nursing standards for professional practice specified in Texas Nurse Practice Act without supervision. Recognizes when assistance is needed and seeks appropriate resources. Practice is characterized by a balance of dependent and interdependent decision making. Focus is on expanding knowledge and skills for specialty area. Provides patient care through nursing based practices upon the American Nurses Association Standards of Professional Practice and Professional Performance. Values specialty unit, nursing, and institutional strategic initiatives and health system goals.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Competently and independently assesses, plans, implements, evaluates, and documents the daily care of assigned patients
- Competently identifies patient care needs, formulates appropriate nursing diagnoses, develops and individualizes care plan, and revises plan of care as needed
- Competently executes physician's orders for all assigned patients. Administers medications and treatments and delivers culturally congruent and specialty appropriate competent nursing care in accordance with UTMB's policies, procedures, and standards in a caring and compassionate manner
- Competently and independently performs routine and complex technical procedures/skills in assigned specialty area
- Competently and independently plans, coordinates, and prioritizes patient care activities according to skill level and work complexity
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Req id: 67178 Apply