MBA or MHA and/or CPA. Minimum of 10 years’ relevant work experience, including 5 years in a senior management position
Scope: Institutional Support for Finance Activities
Provide general financial oversight for Institutional Support and provide advice, guidance and counsel to the UTMB President and the Chief Financial Officer as they lead Institutional Support departments. Represent Institutional Support in financial matters as appropriate.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Specific Job Related Duties
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Oversee the Institutional Support monthly close process and provide explanation of key elements of financial activity for the month.
- Assist with institutional forecasting and budgeting process by: providing feedback to VP Decision Support on needed budget system enhancements; providing input on Institutional Support planning assumptions, financial forecast, and margin target; work with VP Decision Support, President and Chief Financial Officer to strategically establish Institutional Support margin targets and finalize budget decisions. Provide input on significant Institutional Support items that may impact the cash flow forecast.
- Review Institutional Support Financial Report Packets with President and Chief Financial Officer on a monthly basis and support “back to budget” planning.
- Support President and Chief Financial Officer in ad hoc report requests and coordinate with VP Decision Support and other VPs, as appropriate, to facilitate prioritization and completion of these requests.
- Support President and Chief Financial Officer in margin improvement activities.
- Provide support to President and Chief Financial Officer in presenting financial updates for Institutional support as requested.
- Ensure preparation of monthly Endowment / Philanthropy Reports, review with Chief Financial Officer, and distribute further as appropriate.
- Coordinate the annual review and update methodology for allocating shared services expense and provide to VP, Decision Support for forecast and budget assumptions.
- Work with Institutional Support departments to establish peer group benchmarks/metrics and targets.
- Coordinate completion of Institutional Support Annual Sub-Certifications and provide Institutional Support entity-level certification.
- Provide information as requested for the Annual Financial Report, audits and other surveys.
- Approve Institutional Support chart of accounts updates and online requisitions in accordance with established routing/thresholds.
- Participate in pro forma development, as necessary, by providing and validating Institutional Support assumptions.
- Support development of concept proposals for Institutional Support capital investments. Participate in front end Institutional Support contract formulation according to established process and thresholds, and sign off on contracts prior to Chief Financial Officer.
- Review Institutional Support service center multi-year financial plans for reasonableness of assumptions and proposed rate structure.
- Provide requested data/input as needed by VP Decision Support to complete the biennial Legislative Appropriations Request (LAR).
- Support other labor management processes/initiatives as required.
- Collaborate with VP Financial Accounting and Reporting and the VP Business Operations and Facilities to oversee financial planning and reporting for the UTMB Bookstore.
Applicable to all:
- Prepare annual updates to VP Finance - Institutional Support business continuity plan.
- Set and monitor goals for VP Finance Institutional Support staff and routinely complete performance reviews.
- Maintain effective relationships with senior leaders across the organization.
Marginal or Periodic Functions:
- Adhere to internal controls and reporting structure.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Strong knowledge of financial applications, processes, GAAP functions.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a high degree of professionalism in dealing with staff at all levels of the institution.
- Effective problem solving skills.
- Ability to develop, prioritize, and accomplish goals.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate data and make appropriate decisions/recommendations.
- Master's in Business Administration or related field and CPA preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Req id: 66635 Apply