- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Architecture, or Engineering, with a Master’s degree in a related field.
- 10 years of related experience in Business management, design and construction, long term planning, campus safety, major program management, real estate management, and risk management including 5 years in a senior management positon.
- Personnel, project and program management experience with direct responsibility for organizations of 300 plus staff and unit operating budgets in excess of $80 million.
- Experience in successful delivery of capital programs in excess of $200 million annually.
- Extensive experience in organizational vision setting and change management.
- Extensive experience in establishing operational budgets in short and mid - term time frames.
- Federal security clearance required for select agent program and basic security clearance for normal job duties.
Provides executive leadership and oversight of all Business Operations and Facilities activities. Serves as accountable party to the Institution for the following:
- Multi-Campus Planning and Space Management
- Planning, Design & Construction of Building Projects
- Maintenance & Operations of Building and Fixed Equipment
- Utilities Operations
- Campus Safety Functions
- Real Estate and Property Insurance Program
- Institutional Emergency Preparedness Programs
- Select Agent Program, (Institutional Responsible Officer) accountable for safety, security, training, facilities and resources for emergency response for Galveston national Laboratory and any other sites that may house select agents.
- Auxiliary Enterprise functions including; parking, student housing, retail stores and food service, and alumni fieldhouse operations.
Salary range is commensurate with experience.
Specific Job Related Duties
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide strategic planning/input to Institutional executives.
- Mentor and coach staff.
- Provide strategic planning direction within Business Operations and Facilities (BOF) leadership.
- Communicate with BOF and institutional workforce.
- Communicate and participate with community/governmental/institutional development groups.
- Coordinate and communicate with UT System offices.
- Serve as point of contact for Facilities and Construction Committee at UT System/OFPC and The Higher Education Coordinating Board.
- Serve as point of contact for Sealy and Smith Foundation in grant management and capital program matters.
- Establish and monitor business unit goals.
- Provide input and assist in goal attainment for institutional strategic goals.
- Serve as Section Chief within Emergency Command Center for Institutional Operations during emergencies.
- Hold membership in professional business, architecture/planning, or engineering organizations.
- Possess excellent leadership and employee development skills.
- Display excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Possess a high level of business management skills in contracting and retail operations.
- Possess excellent project management skills.
- Display expertise in Major Capital program management, including mid to long term planning.
- Possess in depth expertise in emergency management.
- Possess experience in joint commission and other accrediting body inspections/ certification processes.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Req id: 66446 Apply