REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
RN with two years of clinical RN experience. Must possess and maintain a current license or valid permit to practice in Texas. Current BLS required.
Competent Clinician. Possesses knowledge and skill to meet standards for competent professional nursing practice as specified in the Texas Nurse Practice Act. Experienced, knowledgeable and skilled in specialty area. Competently functions as a member of the interdisciplinary team. Practice is characterized by predominantly interdependent decision-making. Practice is problem focused and patient centered in the manner care is provided. Able to manage unexpected or emergency situations that are commonly seen in assigned specialty population. Serves as a resource for Nurse Clinician I or II. Can manage commonly seen contingency situations that arise on the clinical unit. Provides patient care through nursing practices based upon the American Nurses Association Standards of Professional Practice, and Professional Performance. Values specialty unit, nursing, and institutional strategic initiatives and health system goals.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Competently and independently assesses, plans, implements, evaluates, and documents the daily care of assigned patients
- Competently identifies patient care needs, formulates appropriate nursing diagnoses, develops and individualizes care plan, and revises plan of care as needed
- Competently executes physician's orders for all assigned patients. Administers medications and treatments and delivers culturally congruent and specialty appropriate competent nursing care in accordance with UTMB's policies, procedures, and standards in a caring and compassionate manner
- Competently and independently performs routine and complex technical procedures/skills in assigned specialty area
- Competently and independently plans, coordinates, and prioritizes patient care activities according to skill level and work complexity
- Maintains safety and continuity of care using methods such as bedside shift report, hand-off tools/processes, inter-disciplinary care rounds, etc.; Role models and coaches others to utilize these methods
- Demonstrates flexibility in time management to manage changing patient priorities; coaches and supports others to plan, coordinate and prioritize care
#nurse #ED #ER
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Req id: 66264 Apply