Registered Nurse with a Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of experience in trauma care (emergency department or critical care unit) is required. Must possess and maintain a current license or valid permit to practice in Texas. Certification in TNCC (within 1 year of hire date), teaching and leadership experience is required.
In collaboration with the Trauma Program Director, the Trauma Injury Prevention Specialist is responsible for reducing the burden of injury and improving trauma care within the UTMB Health System through injury prevention and public education programs; outreach education for pre-hospital providers and other health care professionals. Promote the organization as a tertiary referral center by establishing and maintaining relationships with referring agencies and community members throughout the region.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Utilizing the trauma registry data along with state/local statistics, identify trends in trauma data to identify high risk populations
- Coordinate, implement and maintain injury prevention programs throughout the Health System.
- Develops and maintains community partnerships to meet the educational needs of groups at risk for injury.Monitors effectiveness of injury prevention programs and outcomes of trauma care.
- Collaborates with the Department of Preventative Medicine and Community Health to analyze epidemiological data for trauma.
- Collaborate with existing national, regional, state and local injury prevention programs and participates in events sponsored by outside agencies as appropriate. Provide ongoing trauma outreach education to prehospital providers and community hospitals.
- Maintains accurate records of all injury prevention and out-reach educational activities.
- Works in collaboration with other departments/divisions that offer community outreach injury prevention related activities as appropriate.
- Remains knowledgeable on injury prevention legislation activities.
- Participates in multidisciplinary Injury Prevention research as appropriate.
- Act as a liaison to other hospitals and community groups related to trauma prevention and outreach
- Participates in the East Texas Gulf Coast Regional Advisory Council and the Governor’s Emergency Trauma Advisory Council.
- Develops and present presentations to internal and external customers
TNCC and Leadership experience is required.
Qualified candidate must have the skills and knowledge to review statistical data to guide in the development of trauma educational programs related to specific target audiences at public and professional. This position will provide educational activities throughout the UTMB Health System.
#Trauma Nurse # ER #TNCC
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Req id: 66148 Apply