Doctor of Pharmacy or Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy from an accredited College of Pharmacy and current state licensure or eligible for licensure to practice pharmacy from the Texas State Board of Pharmacy.
Clinical Staff Pharmacist provides comprehensive pharmaceutical care to patients and health care staff through integrated drug distribution and clinical services.
$44.75 to $71.60 hourly, commensurate with experience.
Pay Band Code: PC31
Specific Job Related Duties
• Interprets physician’s orders for medications and ensures therapy is appropriate for patient’s diagnosis, weight, and age (pediatric, neonate, adolescent, adult, and geriatric) as specified in attached addendum.
• Compounds and dispenses prescribed medications per physician’s orders in all patient care areas in accordance with departmental and applicable laws.
• Compounds and dispenses prescribed ambulatory prescriptions with direct patient interaction ensuring compliance with all regulatory agents.
• Detects, prevents, evaluates, and reports, when necessary, Adverse Drug Events.
• Maintains patient medication profiles and develops patient care plans.
• Counsels patients receiving medications.
• Provides drug information to members of the health care team.
• Supervises the activities of supportive personnel.
• Assists in the training and development of newly employed departmental staff.
• Serves as preceptor to technicians, pharmacy students, residents, and extended-interns.
• Participates in pharmaceutical continuing education, in accordance with departmental performance standards.
• Adheres to internal controls established for department
• Standard hospital pharmacy environment.
• Working with chemotherapy and bio-hazardous agents
• Working with the public.
• Working weekends and shift rotations.
• May be required to work overtime and extended shifts during emergencies.
Must pass UTMB and TDCJ security clearance.
ACPE approved IV (sterile products) certification
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Req id: 65838 Apply