Master's degree in Social Work or related field; 2 years experience required. Must be licensed to practice as a Social Worker in Texas (LBSW, LMSW, LCSW).
The Social Worker MSW intervenes with patients who have complex psychosocial needs, economic co-morbidities, require assistance with eligibility determination for social programs and funding sources, and qualify for community assistance. To promote patient-centered care, the Social Worker MSW provides care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient preferences, needs, and values, and ensures that patient values guide all decisions. Supports compliance with treatment protocols, and assists with resource linkage as part of a multidisciplinary healthcare team.
Annually Salary commensurate with experience.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Provides psychotherapy to child, adolescent and adult patients in an outpatient setting.
- Collaborates with referring psychiatrist to enhance treatment.
- Adheres to internal controls established for department
Preferred Work Experience
- LCSW licensure is required.
- Three or more years of experience with both children and adults.
- Experience in working in a managed care system.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Req id: 65774 Apply