Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or Related Field.
7 Years of Progressive, Professional Level Human Resources or Related Experience. 5 years must be in a leadership role.
Scope: Responsible for institution-wide talent acquisition and recruiting strategies, clinical and administrative temporary staffing, operational processes, supporting systems and compliance.
Function: Leads and partners with institutional leadership in the design of tactical and strategic recruitment and staffing initiatives for HR Talent Acquisition and UTMB Healthcare Systems Staffing through effective planning, personnel, operational, and financial management. Designs and implements marketing, sourcing and selection systems. Directs the management of recruitment and staffing personnel, processes, systems and outcomes. Drives success in recruitment and retention efforts. Directs and monitors compliance activities to minimize adverse impact in recruitment and selection processes. Manages processes and systems as necessary to meet organizational needs. Ensures optimal quality, cost, and service outcomes through operational metrics.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
This position is a Band Code AP22.
Specific Job Related Duties
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Talent Acquisition and Recruitment:
- Designs strategic initiatives, selection systems and processes related to acquiring talented people to work at UTMB.
- Ensures that the talent acquisition and recruitment programs are aligned with the institutional strategic plan, which produces qualified candidates for the appropriate positions in timely and cost-efficient ways
- Leads UTMB’s executive recruitment practice. Conducts full-cycle executive recruitment and manages executive search firms’ service delivery and outcomes.
- Healthcare System Staffing:
- Develops annual strategic plans for the staffing operations by developing short and long-term goals and effectively implementing, evaluating and revising plan as appropriate to ensure margin targets are met.
- Directs the placement of temporary clinical and administrative staff to meet UTMB’s staffing requirements and develops partnerships with third-party agencies.
- Directs the management of the day-to-day operational, financial and personnel activities of both recruitment and staffing functions. Directs the operational management to ensure high quality, cost effective service/outcomes, and safe and efficient work environment. Develops and oversees temporary staff billing, and utilization tracking and reporting.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory agency, UTMB, departmental, and unit standards and policies. Manages compliance of federal, state and UT System employment requirements to ensure diverse and inclusive hiring practices.
- Partners with colleagues on faculty and CMC recruiting, selection systems, onboarding, diversity and inclusion, employee relations and compliance, retention, HR technology, and workforce analytics.
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Experience in leadership, strategy, coaching, and mentoring.
- Ability to direct staff in staffing planning activities and tracking outcome metrics.
- Computer skills and ability to work desktop system.
- Ability to design sourcing and selection systems and make decisions around integration of current systems with processes.
- Knowledge of current recruitment markets and competition for all levels of health care employees.
- Ability to make daily decisions of acceptability and appropriateness of hiring decisions and to communicate effectively with hiring managers and staff regarding processes and outcomes.
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources or Related Field
- 10 Years of Combined Talent Acquisition, Recruitment and Staffing Experience.
- Healthcare experience
- Experience in PeopleSoft and Taleo/Oracle talent modules
- Human Resources Certification (e.g., PHR, SPHR)
#prof #exec #hr
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Req id: 65761 Apply