REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
RN with Bachelor’s degree in nursing. Four years of clinical nursing experience in an acute hospital environment. Current license or valid permit to practice professional nursing in Texas. Certification in Care Management CCM or ACM-RN obtained within 3 years.
As a key member of the interdisciplinary team, the Care Coordinator will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and safely transitioning the acute care patient to the next level of care. This role is a partner with physicians, nursing, and all ancillary services to ensure quality outcomes and coordinate the care of the patient and ensure timely utilization of services and safe and timely transition planning and implementation.
The salary range for this position is from $69,000 to $110,400, commensurate with experience.
This is an Exempt (salaried) position.
Pay Band Code: NS24
Specific Job Related Duties
- Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates patient needs, discharge planning and Case Management outcomes for patients and families.
- Utilizes leadership principles in mobilizing the team to achieve positive outcomes.
- Follows up on matters to ensure they are successfully resolved.
- Coordinates and facilitates communication between physicians, nurses, ancillary services, and the patient.
- Prepares and facilitates a safe, comprehensive, and timely transition plan with adequate communication to the ambulatory setting.
- Promotes a culture of service excellence and quality by implementing and accepting accountability for the following service standards:
- Providing excellent service to patients/customers
- Building strong relationships and team cohesiveness
- Focusing on quality and positive solutions
- Communicating respectfully
- Demonstrating compassion and understanding in response to patient and customer requests/needs
- Partners with physicians and the Physician Advisor(s) to build and maintain effective relationships with physicians, services, specialties, etc.
- Manages structures and processes to facilitate participation by physicians, physical therapists, clergy, Social Work, and other health professionals in multidisciplinary care planning, care delivery, and discharge planning.
- Participates in clinical performance improvement activities, including the development of clinical paths, patient/family education programs, collaborative practice groups and other quality initiatives.
- Stays aware of organization developments and initiatives that can be implemented in the department or work group.
- Collaborates with all disciplines, departments, payers, system partners, vendors, and community agencies to optimize clinical outcomes within best practice, ethical, legal, and regulatory parameters.
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
#nurse #ld #lmd01 #top #care
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Req id: 65320 Apply