REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
RN with Master's degree in Nursing or related field. Five years of clinical experience. Certification in clinical specialty required. Current license or valid permit to practice professional nursing in Texas.
The Clinical Educator II is responsible for the assessment, planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of professional development activities, which are evidence-based and meet the educational needs of administration, staff, and patients of the health system and/or the assigned service in achieving the goals of the institution. Utilizes available emerging technology to meet the needs of the adult learner in a variety of roles, responsibilities, work time and settings.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Facilitates Learning- Responsible for creating an environment in a variety of settings, one that facilitates learning and the achievement of desired reasoning, critical thinking, sensory and psychomotor outcomes.
- Facilitates Learner Development and Socialization- Responsible for helping employees develop into their roles and integrates the values and behaviors expected of those who fulfill those roles.
- Utilizes Assessment and Evaluation Strategies- Utilizes a variety of strategies for the assessment and evaluation of learners in a variety of settings, as well as all domains of learning. Analyzes assessment and evaluation data to improve professional development activities.
- Participates in Curriculum/ Course Design and Evaluation of Program Outcomes- Responsible for formulating program outcomes and designing course curriculums that are evidence-based and reflect current health care trends preparing learners to function effectively within the health care environment.
- Pursues systematic self-evaluation and improvement in the educator role- Engages in activities that promote one’s socialization to the role, participates in professional development opportunities, mentors and supports colleagues, and demonstrates a commitment to lifelong learning
- Functions as Change Agents and Leaders- Functions as change agents and leaders to create a preferred future for education and practice; one that models cultural sensitivity when advocating for change and evaluates organizational effectiveness.
- Engages in Scholarship of Teaching- Acknowledges, and contributes in scholarship as an integral component of their role and recognizes that teaching itself is a scholarly activity. Participates in professional organizations, speaking engagements, evidence-based practice, research and dissemination of scholarly work.
- Functions effectively within the Organizational Environment and the Academic CommunityRecognizes and acknowledges the educational environment within which they practice and recognize how political, institutional, social and economic forces impact their role.
- Performs related duties as required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Req id: 64869 Apply