Bachelor's Degree and no experience or High School or equivalent and 2 years customer service and/or clerical experience. Job Description: The Patient Services Specialist I creates a positive patient experience by consistently exceeding expectations in customer service and patient care, by coordinating clerical and medical activities of a healthcare team, patient registration activities, and facilitating access to UTMB services for new and returning patients.
The salary range for this position is $32,000/yr - $40,000/yr commensurate with experience.
The pay band for this position is CS13
NOTE: This position may be located in either Galveston or League City based on business need.
Specific Job Related Duties
NOTE: Referral Specialist is a working title only.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Receives and verifies requests and referrals, initiates insurance verification and gathers all information necessary for pre-certifications, authorizations, and certificates of medical necessity, while ensuring that each patient meets admission criteria.
• Builds referrals using information in patient medical record to provide minimum data necessary to coordinate patient services.
• Provides verbal and written instructions to patients, families, and coordinating resources regarding provision of products and services, reimbursement and patient financial responsibility.
• Records patient intake and insurance information and authorization requirements and notes in the computer systems.
• Facilitates problem solving with patients, hospitals, providers, referral sources, insurance companies, and clinical staff.
• Assists in the maintenance and communication of changing payer and referral source information specific to coordination of patient needs.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Req id: 64615 Apply