REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
Graduate of an accredited ultrasound program, ARDMS registered or registry eligible and one year ultrasound experience or graduate of an accredited ultrasound program and registered in ultrasound. Must be ARDMS registered 3 months after hire.
To provide patient care utilizing technical skills in the independent operation of ultrasound equipment for diagnostic and evaluation purposes, as well as to communicate findings to the Radiologist.
Salary Range: $28.23 to $42.34 per hour, commensurate with experience.
Band Code: PC21
This position is for up to 19.99 hours per week, as needed, and is not eligible for benefits.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Practices proper entries and records on Radiology Information System and Hospital Information System.
- Prepares patient for ultrasound procedure by accurately assessing patient’s needs and providing patient education.
- Operates ultrasound equipment for data acquisition, reconstruction of images, documentation of images, and performs quality control measures for the purpose of ensuring optimal quality images.
- Prepares patient’s images for interpretation by radiologist in accordance with accepted protocols.
- Practices accurate and timely completion of scheduled and unscheduled work to maximize productivity.
- Practices safety measures in ultrasound and Environment of Care.
- Participates in research projects.
- Instructs students on clinical ultrasonography skills.
- Applies the profession’s code of ethics in all aspects of practice.
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure
- Helps keep ultrasound equipment in appropriate operating condition.
- Maintains examination rooms and work areas
#allied #ld #lmd01 #rad #pbl
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Req id: 64311 Apply