REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
Associates degree or radiologic graduate from an accredited radiography program, ARRT (R) registered or registry eligible and Certified as a Medical Radiologic Technologist by the Texas Medical Board.
Provides patient care and technical skills in the operation of diagnostic radiographic equipment for diagnostic and evaluation purposes.
The salary range for this position is from $43,280 to $64,920 annually, commensurate with experience.
This is a pay Band Code PC13
Specific Job Related Duties
- Practices proper entries and records in Radiology Information System, PACS, and other systems.
- Prepares patient for radiographic procedures by using two patient identifiers, accurately assessing patient’s needs and providing patient education.
- Operates computer and radiographic equipment for image production and documentation of images.
- Performs quality control measures for the purpose of ensuring optimal quality and correctly marked images.
- Prepares patients films for interpretation by radiologist and practices accurate and timely completion of scheduled and unscheduled work to maximize productivity.
- Practices safety measures in radiography and Environment of Care.
- Instructs students on clinical radiographic skills.
- Applies the profession’s code of ethics in all aspects of practice.
- Performs exams in a level I trauma environment.
- Attend departmental in-services.
- Records and monitors patient radiation dose.
- Upload images to PACS.
- Troubleshoots equipment failures and reports such failures to the appropriate department, and notifies his/her manager.
- Maintains HIPPA compliance by protecting patient privacy.
- Maintains constant Joint Commission and/or ACA Readiness.
- Works in a high volume, stressful environment.
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
Rotating shifts. Must be willing to work all shifts.
#allied #ld #lmd01 #rad
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Req id: 64310 Apply