RN with Bachelor’s degree in Nursing. Three (3) years clinical experience. Current license or valid permit to practice professional nursing in Texas. Certification in nursing specialty or administration required.
The Assistant Nurse Manager assists the Nurse Manager in the achievement of the patient care unit(s) goals and objectives. This position works in a supportive manner as a resource for the patient care unit(s) and as a representative for the Nurse Manager
Specific Job Related Duties
- Assists in the performance of the operational aspects of a designated patient care unit(s) while providing mentoring and leadership support to the unit(s) staff.
- Facilitates the planning, implementation, development, and evaluation of special projects, programs and research as assigned.
- Facilitates the effective delivery of competent, compassionate care by monitoring and evaluating patient care processes and outcomes on the patient care unit(s).
- Participates in and supports continuous quality improvement and risk management programs at the patient care unit(s) level.
- Serves as a liaison to the Nurse Manager and may act as Nurse Manager in the absence of Nurse Manager.
- Communicates with nursing staff at all levels of the institution in a professional manner.
- Interprets to staff the application and implementation of the philosophy, objectives, policies, and procedures of the patient care unit(s), department, and organization.
- Identifies appropriate internal controls for department; provides mechanisms to monitor and enforce compliance.
- Acts as Nurse Manager in the absence of Nurse Manager.
- Participates in the hiring process to ensure appropriate staffing for the department.
- Mentors staff and objectively evaluates and documents performance, taking corrective action as appropriate.
- Provides feedback for employee performance evaluations according to established timelines
Preferred BLS Certification AHA CPR Card.
CAPA or CNOR Certification.
Preferred Work Experience
Ideal candidate must posess current or very recent OR/Periop leadership experience to be considered.
#supervisor #assistant #nurse manager
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Req id: 63655 Apply