REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
RN with Bachelor’s in Nursing and four (4) years clinical experience, including two (2) years progressive management experience, and approved specialty certification. Must possess and maintain a current license or valid permit to practice in Texas.
To direct and facilitate the flow of patient care activities of assigned preoperative service(s) to ensure optimal quality, cost, and service outcomes. Possesses the clinical skills to serve as a resource for assigned service(s).
Specific Job Related Duties
- Assumes a leadership role in the planning for the assigned service(s).
- Coordinates and directs the patient care operations of the assigned service(s)
- Supervises personnel effectively, and analyzes workload and skill requirement to meet care needs for assigned service(s)
- Actively participates in completion of annual staff evaluations.
- Assists nursing personnel in identifying and resolving patient and family needs.
- Assesses patients and identifies actual and potential nursing patient care needs across the continuum of care, using specialized knowledge and skills.
- Applies advanced knowledge to plan, prioritize, individualize and manage appropriate age, specialty and culturally sensitive care across the continuum for identified patient group.
- Delivers appropriate age, specialty and culturally sensitive nursing care to identified patient group(s) integrating a holistic approach.
- Consistently completes accurate, concise and legible documentation on all patient, unit and hospital records.
- Continuously researches and evaluates new and existing products and equipment for cost effectiveness and patient safety.
- Monitors, maintains and assesses par levels for specialty supplies.
- Collaborates with department leadership in determining and obtaining equipment instrumentation and supplies needed in the performance of patient care.
- Actively serves as a patient/family advocate, consistently focuses on patient/family rights and meeting their individual needs, and facilitates the maintenance of ethical practice.
- Demonstrates acknowledgment of patient/family readiness to learn and implements teaching strategies across the care continuum.
#operating room nurse # services coordinator
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Req id: 63605 Apply