REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Certification from one of the following credentialing organizations:
- American Registry of Radiologic Technology (ARRT)
- American Registry for Diagnostic Sonography (ARDMS)
- American Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT-VT)
- Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB)
- American Registry of Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologists (ARMRIT)
- Registration as a Medical Radiologic Technologist (MRT-GC) through the Texas Medical Board, if applicable
- Registry in second modality must be completed within 18 months of hire or transfer date
- American Heart Association BLS
- One (1) year experience in the primary imaging modality
The Mulitmodality Technologist I provides quality imaging and patient care within two (2) medical imaging modalities in any combination of MRI, CT, Mammography, Nuclear Medicine, Ultrasonography, and X-ray. Performs imaging procedures on ambulatory and hospital patients in a clinic or hospital setting as requested by the ordering physician or other licensed provider. The procedures are performed under general supervision of a Radiologist for the diagnosis of disease and injury in accordance with established protocols. The Multimodality Technologist I must be able to effectively explain the procedure to the patient and be sure they are competent in the procedure being performed. In addition, the Multimodality Technologist I will be able to provide care to the patients while obtaining diagnostic quality images for interpretation by a Radiologist. The MultiModality Technologist I will meet all of the qualifications and requirements for the modalities in which they are certified and will work 75% in the primary modality and a minimum of 25% of the time in the second modality. The position may require flex shifts and support at different UTMB Campuses.
$30.46 to $45.69 per hour for 20 hours per week, with partial benefits and prorated accruals.
Band Code: PC21.
Weekends - 1200 to 2200
#ld #lmd01 #allied #rad #clc
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Req id: 63557 Apply