Graduate of an accredited radiologic health science program, ARRTR registered and Certified Medical Radiologic Technologist by the Texas Medical Board. Three (3) years of Special Procedure experience or graduate of a Special Procedure training program with minimum of 500 clinical hours of training and one additional year of Special Procedure experience. BCLS, CPR ACLS and PALS certified.
To provide competent patient care and technical skills in the operation of the angiography suite in Special Procedures /Interventional Radiology under the direction of an Interventional Radiologist which includes assistance with invasive neuro, vascular, and interventional procedures.
$59,920 TO $89,880 annually, commensurate with experience.
Pay Band Code: C11778
Specific Job Related Duties
- Provides leadership, guidance and direction to personnel on a daily basis and in the manager’s absence.
- Assists in developing guidelines and protocols for the department
- Serves as a super-user for Imagining and PACS equipment
- Assists with data interpretation/collection for benchmark reporting, supply purchasing and maintains a relationship with supply vendors.
- Prepares patient for Special Procedures by accurately assessing patient’s needs and providing patient education
- Prepares the angiography suite for procedures including the retrieval of basic supplies needed, data entry into imaging systems and ensuring images are readily available as needed.
- Reviews and completes data entry information including charges and supplies into the Radiology Information System (RIS).
- Prepares radiographic images for interpretation by the radiologist in an accurate and timely manner
- Monitors radiation exposure and safety and reports overexposures to Radiologist immediately; completes necessary documentation per policy
- Examines and maintains lead aprons in the department
- Collaborates with Charge Nurse to ensure efficient workflow and room turn around
- Attend and participates in department meetings/project improvements to achieve departmental mission and goals
- Precepts new hires and radiology students
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure
Preferred Work Experience
- 3+ years of IR, Neuro IR, or Cardiac Cath experience.
- Inventory management experience
#ld #lmd01 #allied #rad
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Req id: 63403 Apply