High school or equivalent and three years of experience. The Sr. DRG coder must be proficient in inpatient coding with the ability to audit and provide education to providers and coders. AHIMA: RHIT, RHIA, CCA, or CCS certification required.
To provide the advanced skills necessary for proper coding of all pertinent diagnoses and procedures and to provide optimal DRG assignment after thorough review of medical record and analysis of DRG options.
- Selects records from EPIC according to priority.
- Reviews all federally insured and other patient discharge encounters for accurate coding andsequencing of diagnoses and procedures.
- Correctly assigns ICD-10-CM diagnoses, PCS procedures, procedure codes, and entersappropriate codes into database.
- Identifies responsible staff and resident physicians for each procedure coded.
- Protects confidentiality of patient information at all times.
- Participates in section meeting and office in-services.
- Keeps coding knowledge and skills current through attending continuing education activitiesand reviewing pertinent literature
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
Actual salary is commensurate with experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Req id: 63143 Apply