RN with Bachelor's degree in Nursing. Five (5) years clinical experience which includes two (2) years of progressive management experience (i.e. Charge Nurse, Nursing Supervisor, Nurse Administrator, or Assistant Nurse Manager) required. Current license or valid permit to practice professional nursing in Texas. Certification in nursing specialty or administration required.
The Nurse Manager is accountable for the effective delivery of competent, compassionate, and efficient care for specific patient care unit(s) on a 24-hour basis. This includes oversight for clinical operations and human resources, financial, and quality management.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Develops work processes and systems to facilitate excellent patient care outcomes and patient, staff and physician satisfaction.
- Facilitates communication and ensures proper flow of information.
- Oversees patient flow in patient care and support areas.
- Ensures operational effectiveness, emphasizing cost containment without jeopardizing patient care priorities, improvement, innovation or quality of care.
- Investigates any patient care and/or administrative problems and keeps lines of communication open with directors, managers, and staff to ensure high employee morale and a professional, safe patient care environment.
- Partners with service-wide leadership to interpret policies and operational procedures, resolving problems related to staffing, and utilization of facilities, equipment and supplies, as required.
- Ensures the effective delivery of competent, compassionate and efficient care by monitoring and evaluating patient care processes and outcomes on the patient care unit(s).
- Facilitates shared governance at the unit level and throughout Nursing Service.
- Represents UTMB in its relationships with other health organizations, professional organizations, government and accrediting agencies.
- Collaborates with leaders from local institutions of higher education to provide a supportive learning environment for students of various healthcare programs.
- Partners with professional colleagues on research studies or programs that involve patients as study subjects
CEN or Trauma Cert
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Req id: 62870 Apply