The Mulitmodality Technologist I will provide quality imaging and patient care in CT and Routine/Fluoroscopy. Performs imaging procedures on ambulatory and hospital patients in a clinic or hospital setting as requested by the ordering physician or other licensed provider. The procedures are performed under general supervision of a Radiologist for the diagnosis of disease and injury in accordance with established protocols. The Multimodality Technologist I must be able to effectively explain the procedure to the patient and be sure they are competent in the procedure being performed. In addition, the Multimodality Technologist I will be able to provide care to the patients while obtaining diagnostic quality images for interpretation by a Radiologist.
Specific Job Related Duties
IMAGING QUALITY/SAFETY - 30%
- Follows imaging, safety standards and conducts all imaging procedures based on approved protocols. Follows ALARA and MRI safety guidelines for self and staff. Properly utilizes radiation protective gear/ MRI safety - as applicable- for patients and immobilization during diagnostic procedures.
- Modifies on-the-fly only (not permanent) and if requested by a licensed radiologist the technical factors of approved protocols to achieve desired imaging results and recognizes complications / limitation.
- Utilizes technical knowledge and skills to perform procedures accurately and in a timely manner in accordance with age specific criteria.
- Able to identify risks and adverse reactions related to patient care. Reports “near misses” and inputs errors promptly into JUVO to improve processes and identify trends. Contributes to identification of corrective actions and improvement activities, and contributes to meeting departmental and hospital targets for quality and safety.
- Ensures all imaging equipment has had tube warm up, fast cals and QA/QC performed and documented as applicable and required and is in mechanical, electrical and radiation safe working order prior to each patient use. Relays any equipment malfunctions to supervisor, manager, physics team and CES engineers’ team following approved workflow chart.
- Technologists maintains a high-level of competency as it relates to the operation of all radiographic equipment
OPERATIONS - 25%
- Assures proper review of patient medical information, independently performs high quality diagnostic studies according to specified approved protocols.
- Performs reformatting, post processing, etc. as needed.
- Provides direct assistance to radiologist during diagnostic or special procedures, including assisting with sterile technique.
- Maintains proper sterile techniques for procedures, regularly practices aseptic techniques, and ensures compliance with infection control procedures. Complies with job, departmental and hospital safety standards, practices and policies.
- Handles contrast media and contrast delivery equipment within manufacturer/division standards, properly administering contrast agents, carefully observing the six rights of drug administration 1.) Right Patient, 2.) Right Route, 3.) Right Dose, 4.) Right Time, 5.) Right Medication 6) Right Documentation
- Recognizes examination findings that may require immediate clinical response and notifies the interpreting radiologist (i.e., Critical result findings.)
- Monitors personnel, work areas, and patient care areas to ensure that the levels of radioactive materials are in accordance with regulations.
- Decontaminate work and patient care areas as needed.
- Disposes of radioactive materials.
- Assists with equipment maintenance logs (e.g., Zip Rounds, crash cart, refrigerator, temperature logs, QC logs, Dose logs etc.).
- Promotes a positive work environment.
- Maintains a high level of professionalism in communication and in all interactions
- Focused on building and supporting a dynamic team focused work unit that actively helps each team member to achieve optimal department results.
- Collaborates with all members of the patient care team by communicating and reporting pertinent patient care information and data in a comprehensive manner.
- Participates in departmental projects and shared governance activities.
STAKEHOLDERS/GROWTH - 10%
- Supports all stakeholders to support imaging needs or requests.
- Interacts with Internal and External stakeholders to build relationships and provide support to their patients.
- Provides timely feedback to all questions or concerns to stakeholders or seeks leadership support as needed.
EDUCATION - 10%
- Monitors and trains students assigned in all areas of the current competencies.
- Assists in the orientation, competency, and training of new staff.
- Completes all Annual Learning Required.
- Completes required CE’s for certifications.
- Maintains a high technical competency level in multiple imaging modalities (CT, Ultrasound, GenRad, Fluoroscopy, Mammography, NM and MR) and remains current on new imaging techniques/procedures as it relates to his/her specialties.
- Adheres to Joint Commission standards, initiatives and to applicable state/federal licensure requirements and guidelines and remains current on new imaging techniques/procedures. Aligns with American College of Radiology Accreditation standards and recommendations.
FINANCE - 10%
- Provides accurate and timely completion of performed procedures. Ensures that all applicable charges are entered when completing procedures in EPIC Radiant.
- Uses operational resources efficiently and medical supplies are not wasted. Brings to management’s attention on opportunities to lower cost or reduce waste.
- Self-motivated to independently manage time effectively and prioritize daily tasks.
The work schedule for this position is from 10 am to 6:30 pm Monday through Friday with call and rotating holiday coverage.
Registered Computed Tomography preferred.
Must have MRT from the Texas Medical Board.
#ld #allied #rad #adc
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Req id: 62689 Apply