REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
Graduate of an accredited ultrasound program, ARDMS registered or registry eligible and one year ultrasound experience or graduate of an accredited ultrasound program and registered in ultrasound. Must be ARDMS registered 3 months after hire.
To provide patient care utilizing technical skills in the independent operation of ultrasound equipment for diagnostic and evaluation purposes, as well as to communicate findings to the Radiologist.
The salary range for this position is $58,720/yr - $88,080/yr commensurate with experience.
The pay band for this position is PC21
Specific Job Related Duties
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Practices proper entries and records on Maternal Fetal Medicine Information System and Hospital Information System
• Prepares patient for ultrasound procedure by accurately assessing patient’s needs and providing patient education. (See attached age-specific addendum)
• Operates ultrasound equipment for data acquisition, reconstruction of images, documentation of images, and performs quality control measures for the purpose of ensuring optimal quality images.
•Prepares patient’s images for interpretation by Perinatologist
• Practices accurate and timely completion of scheduled and unscheduled work to maximize productivity.
• Practices safety measures in ultrasound and Environment of Care.
• Participates in research projects.
• Instructs students on clinical ultrasonography skills.
• Applies the profession’s code of ethics in all aspects of practice.
• Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure
This position floats between our clinics - travel required
HOURS: Mon - Fri 8-4:30 with occasional overtime
- RDMS certified: OB/GYN
- Preferred NT certification
Preferred Work Experience
2-5 years experience in OB/GYN
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Req id: 62550 Apply