Graduate of a radiologic health science program and ARRT(R) registered. Certified as a Medical Radiologic Technologist by the Texas Medical Board. Two years experience as a radiologic technologist required. BCLS/CPR certified. ACLS and PALS certification obtained within 6 months of hire.
To provide competent patient care and technical skills in the operation of the angiography suite in Special Procedures/Interventional Radiology (IR) under the direction of an Interventional Radiologist. This includes assistance with invasive neuro, vascular, and interventional procedures.
The salary range for this position is from $53,920 to $80,880 annually, commensurate with experience.
This is a pay Band Code PC14.
Specific Job Related Duties
• Operation of Special Procedures equipment in a safe and knowledgeable manner.
• Prepares patient for special procedure by accurately assessing patient’s needs and providing patient education.
• Prepares the angiography suite for procedures including retrieval of the basic supplies needed, data entry into Digital Subtraction systems, and assuring film is available as needed.
• Enters and properly completes all information including charges and supplies into the Radiology Information System (RIS).
• Follows hospital radiation safety, universal precautions, infection control, sterile technique, fire safety, and disaster codes.
• Prepares films for interpretation by the radiologist in an accurate and timely manner.
• Participates in research projects on patients.
• Assists with the instruction of radiology students.
• Applies the profession’s code of ethics in all aspects of practice.
• Takes call for the section on a routine basis and is responsible for coverage if unable to take call.
• Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
Preferred Work Experience
Experience with Neuro Interventional procedures, i.e. thrombectomy (clot retrieval), carotid stenting, aneurysm coiling procedures.
#ld #lmd01 #allied #rad
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Req id: 62394 Apply