REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate of an accredited ultrasound program, ARDMS registered or registry eligible and five years MFM ultrasound experience.
- Must be ARDMS certified, NT Certified and CLEAR Certified
To assist the Medical Director and Clinic Manager with the management of patient care in order to achieve maximum efficiency. Supervises performance of staff and senior sonographer technologists in the Maternal Fetal Medicine Department (MFM).
The salary range for this position is $68,308/yr - $109,292/yr commensurate with experience.
The pay band for this position PC22
Specific Job Related Duties
MAJOR DUTIES / CRITICAL TASKS:
- Supervises sonographer and students.
- Plans for change and expansion in the department.
- Performs the tasks of a Senior Sonographer.
- Coordinates all patient care activities in assigned treatment area.
- Assists the Medical Director and Administrator in the timely and accurate dissemination and practice of departmental and institutional policies, procedures and information.
- Ensures that patient scheduling, treatment, record keeping, calculations, and machine functions are maintained at an optimal level.
- Initiates and maintains Quality Assurance activities in his/her own area.
- Approves vacation and planned sick leave requests.
- Records annual evaluations on senior and staff sonographers as well as evaluate students for their rotations. Assists in developing rotation schedules.
- Coordinates smooth transfer of patients in cases of machine down time.
- Implements contingency plan to reduce patient waiting time.
- Reports any errors or patient related incidences to the Medical Director and Administrator.
- Supervises coordinates and records shift and call assignments, attendance and punctuality for all sonographers in the area.
- Orients new sonographers and provides clinical instruction for all students and MFM fellows rotating in the area.
- Attends coordinator meetings as scheduled by the Medical Director and Administrator.
- Assumes supervisory duties on rotating basis in the absence of the Medical Director and Administrator. Monitors patient queue to ensure reasonable waiting time of patients.
- Responsible for the design, execution, and effectiveness of a system of internal controls. Adheres to internal controls as established by department.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Facilitates clinical outreach and is involved in quality improvement, patient safety initiates and performance improvement. Liaison throughout community and facility regarding referrals, services provided, and care coordination in this unique patient population.
Must be ARDMS certified, NT Certified and CLEAR Certified
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Req id: 62229 Apply