Doctor of Pharmacy or Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy from an accredited school of pharmacy and current license to practice pharmacy in the state of Texas. Five (5) years of related experience required.
Pharmacy Manager provides direction and coordination of all activities of an assigned area in the Department of Pharmacy.
$111,538 to $178,461 annually, commensurate with experience.
Band Code PC33
Specific Job Related Duties
• Performs all pharmaceutical care and drug distribution duties required of Clinical Staff Pharmacist and Senior Clinical Staff Pharmacist.
• Supervises and manages the operation of the assigned pharmacy areas, including inventory control, controlled substances record keeping, and maintenance of drug information reference materials.
• Supervises, manages, orients, trains, and evaluates all assigned professional and supportive personnel.
• Addresses quality improvement opportunities while participating in various hospital patient care committees.
• Develops and maintains departmental policies and procedures.
• Ensures completion of monthly unit/clinic audits.
• Prepares personnel work schedules and ensures adequate staffing when absences occur.
• Interviews/hires job applicants for vacant positions.
• Develops proposals for new pharmaceutical care services.
• Prepares work measurement reports and makes budget recommendations to the Director.
• Identifies appropriate internal controls for department; provides mechanisms to monitor and enforce compliance.
ACPE approved IV (sterile products) certification
• Standard hospital pharmacy environment.
• Working with chemotherapy and bio-hazardous agents
• Working with public
• Working weekends and shift rotations
• May be required to work overtime and extended shifts during emergencies
Must pass UTMB and TDCJ security clearance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Req id: 61949 Apply