REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
RN with BSN and at least five years of nursing experience, with two years of care management experience. Certification in Case Management required. Must possess and maintain a current RN license or valid temporary permit to practice in Texas. Current BLS required.
Expert Care Manager - Possesses an in-depth knowledge and skill level to be a resource to other outpatient care managers and staff. Provides mentoring and training for staff, and acts in a supportive role to the Manager of Outpatient Care Management.
Communesurate with experience.
This is a pay Band Code NS31
Specific Job Related Duties
- Serves as a subject matter expert in all facets of care management, including transitions of care, community health, and population health.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of resources and coordination of care
- Provides oversight of all new hires and ensures competency prior to releasing from orientation
- Communicates with physician or downstream providers on difficult cases that may require increased care coordination
- Provides coverage for staff or leadership as needed
- Acts as a role model by maintaining a professional demeanor and positive attitude
- Puts needs of others above his/her own through accountability, compassion, integrity and respect
- Functions as a skilled leader, providing direction and assistance to team members
- Facilitates productivity, team-building, and high team morale in the department
- Works toward achieving departmental and system goals and initiatives
- Accepts responsibility for own growth/development
- Performs related duties as required.
#nurse #ld #lmd01 #care
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Req id: 61248 Apply