Master’s Degree in Nursing from an accredited institution is required.
Doctorate degree preferred.
Licensed or eligible for licensure as a registered nurse in the state of Texas.
Department Marketing Statement
The University of Texas Medical Branch School of Nursing at Galveston invites applications for full time faculty (tenure-track and non-tenure track) positions in both the Undergraduate and Graduate degree programs. Specialty areas include medical/surgical, community and population health, adult & family health, acute & critical care, obstetrics & neonatal health, nursing administration, and nursing education. We are recruiting for the academic ranks of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and Professor, commensurate with the degree and experience.
UTMB Health School of Nursing Preferred candidates will have teaching experience at the university level, clinical experience in their specialty area, a defined program of research or scholarship and demonstrated leadership skills. Faculty on research tenure track should show a strong potential for developing a funded program of scientific research and eevidence of scholarly achievement including publications and national/international presentations, track record of intramural and/or extramural grant funding.
Founded in 1890, the School of Nursing was the first nursing program in the Southwest and one of the first schools in the U.S. to be affiliated with a university in 1896. As a component of the University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB), the school of nursing offers academic programs at the baccalaureate (traditional, and RN-BSN), Masters (Family, Adult/Geriatric, Acute Care, Neonatal Nurse Practitioner, Leadership, Nurse Educator) and Doctoral Programs (DNP) and PhD (offered in collaboration with the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences). The school of nursing is proud of its excellent academic programs, strong clinical environment, modern classrooms, as well as, its innovative use of distance education and simulation laboratories. The UTMB community values diversity among faculty, students, and staff at all levels within its academic programs.
UTMB provides a rich interdisciplinary environment conducive to teaching, practice, and research across the Schools of Nursing, Medicine, Health Professions, and Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences. The School of Nursing has a state of the art laboratory for bio-behavioral research, a behavioral laboratory, an interprofessional nursing simulation center, and other faculty resources. The UTMB campus is home to the University Hospitals and Clinics including the John Sealy Hospital, Texas Department of Criminal Justice Hospital, and the Biosafety Level 4 (BSL4) Lab and the Galveston National Lab.
Commensurate with experience
Specific Job Related Duties
- Effectively use innovative, state of the art teaching methodologies and learning activities that promote excellence in classroom and online instruction.
- Participate in course design, development, implementation, and evaluation to provide appropriate learning experiences for students.
- Maintain academic excellence in education, practice and/or research through participation in continuing education programs.
- Serves as academic advisor to students.
- Demonstrate competence and leadership within a defined area of nursing practice.
- Exhibits leadership in clinical settings for increased collaboration with nursing colleagues and other disciplines.
- Disseminate scholarly work in professional publications/presentation at local or state meetings.
- Direct and engage in scholarship that contribute to the advancement of nursing knowledge and nursing science.
- Actively engage in School of Nursing and university committees.
- Participates actively in local, state, national, and international professional organizations.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Req id: 61190 Apply