The University of Texas Medical Branch Utility Ops Technician I - Utilities Engineering in Galveston, Texas
High School diploma or equivalent, at least 2 years of experience operating HVAC/Power Generation equipment, and hold a valid Class C Driver’s license with a driving record less than 4 incidence points. Must be able to demonstrate the ability to perform the essential functions of the job in a post-offer employment test as administered by UTMB Rehab Services. This job requires that the employee lift up to 50 pounds, floor to knuckle and 50 pounds, knuckle to shoulder and requires frequent bending, standing and walking.
Perform skilled level operation of plant equipment and machinery typically found in a central plant environment. Maintain the necessary technical skills to repair, maintain, inspect, and operate Utilities production equipment, distribution systems, and energy management equipment.
From $41,600.00 To $52,000.00 Annually
Specific Job Related Duties
* ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:*
- Startup, shutdown and operate major power/chillers/boiler plant equipment in accordance with established operational and safety procedures
- Reads blueprints and technical manuals for equipment and buildings as required
- Monitors equipment and maintains records of equipment operational status
- Completes work orders using asset management tracking systems
- Identifies and reports safety training
- Attends plant operation and maintenance training courses
- Assists in corrective maintenance tasks incidental to the operation of mechanical or electrical systems
- Logs measurements of operating high-pressure boilers, heat recovery boilers, heating-hot water and large chilled water production equipment
- Maintains workspace in a clean and safe condition
- Assists in repairing components on the energy management system
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure
- Performs related duties as required
* WORKING ENVIRONMENT / LOCATION OF POSITION:*
- Some exposure to weather and physical hazards. Exposure to mechanical and electrical hazards typical to central plants, and utility distribution systems. Lifting heavy objects. May be required to work extended or rotating shifts.
- 3rd Grade Stationary Engineer License
- At least 50% completed in the NCCER HVAC certification
- Universal Refrigeration License
Equal Employment Opportunity UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Title: Utility Ops Technician I - Utilities Engineering
Job ID: 61868
Business Unit: FACSV