The University of Texas Medical Branch Student Life Program Coordinator - Student Life in Galveston, Texas
Bachelor's degree or equivalent and no experience.
Job Description Develop and administer programs and services which facilitate comprehensive student development. Responsibilities include assessing student needs and designing, managing and evaluating student development programs in the Office of Student Life.
$34,880- $43,600 annually, commensurate with experience.
This position is in the pay band code: CS13.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Assist with management and oversight of the student organization programs, Student Government Association and services. Provides direction and leadership to officers and student members of these organizations, including budgetary supervision.
- Manages registration of campus student organizations, totaling 90 or more each year, and ensuring that the organizations adhere to university and system guidelines.
- Develops and coordinates the planning and execution of special student development programs (Welcome Weekend, All Sports Day, TGIT Social events, leadership and personal/professional development activities, etc.) for students. Develops and manages the budgets assigned to these events.
- Manages the planning and execution of the SGA intramural program including the allotted budget for all sports. Oversees the management and scheduling of referees/officials for the games.
- Schedules, maintains and monitors student programs, operations, computer lab and services in the Student Life areas of the Jamail Student Center and the ground floor of Ashbel Smith Building (Old Red).
- Trains, schedules and supervises the student employees hired through the financial aid Federal Work Study programs.
- Handles routine inquiries regarding policies and procedures of Student Life and Student Government.
- Exercises discretion and independent judgment in interpreting and implementing University policies.
- Effectively communicates, verbal and in writing, with students and customers on campus and off in a highly positive manner working toward effective problem resolution.
- Represents Student Life as liaison with other processes/departments and agencies regarding building services, equipment and maintenance repair, and purchasing.
- Develops, designs and maintains the Office of Student Life web sites and social media accounts and ensures that they comply with university IHOP policies.
- Develops News and Notes newsletter sent weekly by e-mail to student body. Also maintains, updates and utilizes the Exhibio and Visix digital signage systems for promotional and informational purposes.
- Responsible for sending out communication to the student body on behalf of the Office of Student Life, Office of Student Services and periodically on behalf of other departments that are not granted access to the student email groups.
- Designs, conducts, manages and assists with student in-services, workshops, meetings and committees as needed.
- Initiates improvements in work process/environment.
- Provides team support regarding work priorities/work flow, problem resolution/troubleshooting, training, and coaching of other team members.
- Utilize advisory, technical, team leadership and administration skills.
- Exercises discretion, independent judgment and critical decision making within guidelines of university policies.
- Interpret university policies, rules and regulations and recommends new administrative procedures for improvement of student programs.
- Maintains frequent interaction with university personnel to discuss various aspects of student services, activities or programs.
- Acts as liaison between students, student organizations, faculty and the university.
- Assists with various projects and committees throughout campus and work on special projects as assigned.
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
After hours and weekends required periodically
Preferred Work Experience
Event coordination/management experience
Web page management
Social media experience
Presentation and Speaking experience
Adobe Suite knowledge
#admin #student life
Equal Employment Opportunity UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Title: Student Life Program Coordinator - Student Life
Job ID: 59966
Business Unit: ACDVP