The University of Texas Medical Branch Special Procedures Technologist - Special/Vascular Radiology (up to 19 hours per week) in Galveston, Texas
Graduate of a radiologic health science program and ARRT(R) registered. Certified as a Medical Radiologic Technologist by the Texas Medical Board. Two years experience as a radiologic technologist required. BCLS/CPR certified. ACLS and PALS certification obtained within 6 months of hire.
To provide competent patient care and technical skills in the operation of the angiography suite in Special Procedures/Interventional Radiology (IR) under the direction of an Interventional Radiologist. This includes assistance with invasive neuro, vascular, and interventional procedures.
Salary Range **
The salary range for this position is from $25.92 to $38.88 per hour for up to 19.99 hours per week, with no benefits.
This is a pay Band Code PC14.
Specific Job Related Duties **
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Competent in assisting in routine/emergent Interventional/Radiology procedures/skills
- Reviews patient medical record (allergies, contrast related lab values, etc.) and conducts patient assessment prior to all procedures to ensure safe patient care. Reports all patient related concerns to IR faculty
- Competent in starting peripheral IV’s
- Prepares patient for special procedure by accurately assessing patient’s needs and providing patient education
- Prepares the angiography suite for procedures including retrieval of the basic supplies needed, data entry into Imaging systems, and assuring image is available as needed.
- Provides and maintains a clean, safe environment and performs and/or assists others to perform proper aspetic and sterile technique, isolation precaution and infection control measures
- Reviews and complete data entry information including charges and supplies into the Radiology Information System (RIS) and ensures accuracy prior to completion
- Prepares radiographic images for interpretation by the radiologist in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assists Interventional Radiologist and nursing team during interventional procedures
- Monitors radiation exposure and safety and reports overexposure to Radiologist immediately; complete necessary documentation per policy
- Assists with the instruction of radiology students.
- Follows hospital radiation safety, universal precautions, infection control, sterile technique, fire safety, and disaster codes
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
Preferred Work Experience **
Interventional Radiology experience preferred.
Closing Statement **
#ld #lmd01 #allied #rad
Equal Employment Opportunity **
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Casual (<=19.99, no schedule)
Job Type: Regular
Job Title: Special Procedures Technologist - Special/Vascular Radiology (up to 19 hours per week)
Job ID: 59101
Business Unit: HOSPT