The University of Texas Medical Branch Senior Histocompatibility Technologist - Tissue Antigen Lab in Galveston, Texas
Bachelor's degree in biological sciences or equivalent in related field, and two (2) years laboratory experience, one of which must be HLA laboratory experience. Certification as a Histocompatibility Technologist by the American Board for Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics (ABHI).
Senior Histocompatibility Technologist provides advanced technical skills necessary to organize and perform histocompatibility typing for transplantation and disease associations.
Salary Range **
The salary range for this position is from $54,800 to $82,200 annually, commensurate with experience.
This is a pay Band Code PC21.
Specific Job Related Duties **
- Performs histocompatibility testing for transplantation and disease associations.
- Assures accuracy of results and reports to transplant surgeon and other appropriate personnel.
- Evaluates immunocompetency of transplant patient prior to and following procedure when necessary.
- Coordinates donor/recipient information and status with transplant team.
- Participates in on-call rotation schedule of 24 hours a day, 365 days per year coverage for deceased donor testing.
- Maintains complete records of transplant patients.
- Conducts specialized blood tests to determine antibody level of transplant recipients.
- Prepares and enters test data and results into laboratory information system.
- Monitors and evaluates quality control procedures.Responsible for laboratory safety proficiency.
- Assists in evaluating laboratory services and procedures including making recommendations and implementing the changes.
- Performs evaluation and validation of new testing procedures and techniques.
- Assists in development and update of laboratory procedure manual.
- Assists lab manager in maintaining laboratory accreditation agencies’ standards.
- Participates in the competency assessment of laboratory testing personnel.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Adheres to internal controls established for department.
- Adheres to all safety protocols in each laboratory area.
Closing Statement **
#ld #lmd01 #allied #cls
Equal Employment Opportunity **
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Title: Senior Histocompatibility Technologist - Tissue Antigen Lab
Job ID: 56268
Business Unit: HOSPT