The University of Texas Medical Branch Senior Finance Manager - Grants & Contracts Accounting in Galveston, Texas
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent in related field and at least 7 years of relevant work experience.
Manages and assists the Director in financial and operational analysis activities with a complex functional or broad organizational scope. The senior manager will be able to assist in multiple activities at one time with little supervision.
Specific Job Related Duties **
Successful applicants will have a bachelor's degree in accounting or finance, experience with post-award management of grants and contracts, supervision, and excellent verbal and written communication skills. A working knowledge of 2 CFR 200. The ability to lead a team of professionals who support the faculty recipients of grants and contracts. The ability to provide high quality customer service to our faculty and departmental administrative customers. A leader who can help develop early career professional in the field of grants administration.
- Manage a team of up to 6 professionals including monitoring of work for accuracy and timeliness, review and approval of journal entries, preparation of financial status reports, billing sponsors, revision of award budgets, preparation of non-salary cost transfers.
- Conduct annual performance evaluations, work with staff regarding individual development plans, serve as a coach and resource.
- Assist with month-end and year-end closing and preparation of Annual Financial Report schedules related to restricted fund grants and contracts.
- Work with ERP systems in a complex environment.
- Read and interpret grant and contract rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and terms and conditions.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures related to grant administration.
- Support department director with external audits.
- Work in a team environment with faculty investigators, departmental administrative staff, Research Services and others to provide assurance that grants and contracts are managed in compliance with all appropriate rules and regulations.
Preferred Education **
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) highly desirable.
Preferred License/Certificate **
Certified Research Administrator (CRA) as granted by the Research Administrators Certification Council.
Closing Statement **
Equal Employment Opportunity **
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Title: Senior Finance Manager - Grants & Contracts Accounting
Job ID: 59544
Business Unit: FINCE