The University of Texas Medical Branch Secretary - (up to 19 hours a week) McGovern Academy of Oslerian Medicine Tests required prior (85% spelling accuracy. 40 words per minute) in Galveston, Texas
Min Qualifications High school or equivalent with 1 year of related experience. 85% spelling accuracy. 40 words per minute. JOB DESCRIPTION: To provide basic secretarial skills. Salary Range
Up to 19.99 hours per week, non- benefits baring.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Reproduce documents from shorthand notes, dictaphone machine, or rough drafts utilizing personal computer skills
- Proofreads finished assignments for grammar, spelling, and formats.
- Posts financial transactions to accounts or ledgers.
- May compose routine office correspondence.
- Answers and screens telephone calls.
- Screens visitors and schedules appointments.
- Files and maintains the organization of the office record keeping systems.
- Opens and distributes incoming mail and prepares outgoing mail.
- Adheres to internal controls established for department.
- Performs related duties as required.
Equal Employment Opportunity UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Part Time (<=19.99, set schd)
Job Type: Regular
Job Title: Secretary - (up to 19 hours a week) McGovern Academy of Oslerian Medicine Tests required prior (85% spelling accuracy. 40 words per minute)
Job ID: 61397
Business Unit: PRESD